All Aboard! Work with us...
SEASONAL JOBS at the Rail Yards Market
The Rail Yards Market of Albuquerque operates on Sundays during the months of May-October, and the life force of our non-profit effort is our exuberant staff, volunteers, vendors, and many other contributors. We recruit skilled and innovative staff to strengthen our mission and commitments to the community. To grow and maintain its many facets, logistics, and programs, the market offers some seasonal employment opportunities.
All applicants must:
- Agree to the RYM's Code of Conduct
- Submit contact Form application (below)
- Email Cover Letter & Resume to RailYardsMarket@gmail.com
Our current positions available for application are listed below; you can click on titles to read full job descriptions.
Thank you for your interest!
FOOD & NUTRITION COORDINATOR (Closes June 5th, 2017)
Position General Objectives (Click HERE for complete Job Description):
Oversee, develop, and facilitate Food and Nutrition programming at the Rail Yards Market, including graphic design, relations, communications, documentation, and logistical elements of the following programs:
- Recipe Baskets
- Live cooking demonstrations
- Nutritional education tours
- Low-income FNS distributions including SNAP, DUFB, & WIC
Represent RYM’s mission and commitment to the community by organizing diverse and successful Food and Nutrition Services program(s) with balanced offerings, demographics, and price accessibility.
This position has a unique view; they get to smile and greet every customer & vendor that comes through our front gate. Our Parking Ambassadors maintain the order of our outdoor operations, and keep an organized and safe parking lot for all of our patrons.
The operations team is the backbone of the market, and helps with the behind-the-scenes load-in of all the crucial market equipment in the morning before everything starts (7am-9am) and tucks everything away nicely after closing (2pm-4pm). Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
The Green team maintains the market's recycling, compost, and landfill collection and sorting programs, and contributes to our sustainability! The green team also acts active ambassadors for the market's mission, and help educate vendors and attendees about sustainable and smart practices. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Children's Zone helper -CLOSED..THANK YOU!
Every Sunday at the market we have an interactive space for kid's activities, and joyful staff to facilitate the fun and work with community partners. At the Children's zone we provide free education and enrichment to families!
The Entertainment Leader facilitates elements related to music and entertainment at The Rail Yards Market. This Leader books diverse local musicians, story tellers, and performers for the market's coffee-house entertainment environment. This position works collaboratively with the Programming Coordinator to communicate, schedule acts, and ensure operational and organizational commitments are met.
neighborhood outreach coordinator -closed..Thank you!
Position General Objectives (Click HERE for complete Job Description)
- Work directly with Barelas, South Broadway, San Jose neighborhoods to promote and encourage a sense of market involvement and ownership.
- Represent RYM’s mission and commitment to the community via various outreach strategies.
- Connect with and nurture productive relationships with the surrounding neighborhood residents and Community Partners.
- Schedule community groups (non commerce) to table at the market’s Community Station.
- Oversee and facilitate outreach relations, communications, and logistical elements.
- Provide flexibility and availability to represent RYM at meetings, functions, and other opportunities.
- Abide by RYM’s Code-of-Conduct.