NEW at the RAIL YARDS MARKET
RAIL YARDS MARKET FUNDRAISER
Dear Fellow Burqueños/as
You may know me as the Rail Yards Market. To you, I am so much more than a typicalFarmers' Market. I am...
- A resilient hub for food, education, and community 30 weeks out of the year
- Home to more than 400 local farmers, makers, bakers and chefs
- A place to gather diverse communities around a shared space
- The source of that green chile aroma all around
- An affordable staple of nourishment and creativity
- A historic treasure in the heart of our City
- An ode to all things local and fresh
- A neighbor who is always there to build connection
- That special & important weekly ritual for you and your family
- Seeded by the community, for the community
- The Sunday intersection of New Mexican cuisine, art, and culture
- A stakeholder of economic development and job creation
- An idea once thought impossible, but now a must-visit destination to our magical State
If you believe that the Rail Yards Market holds a special place in your heart, like so many of your neighbors, please consider showing some support for our community-powered fundraiser going on right now through May.
If every one of our social media followers gave $1, we'd meet our goal more than 4 times over. Please consider making a small donation to keep us and our small businesses on the tracks at the Rail Yards.
FREE WAYS TO SUPPORT THE RAIL YARDS
Did you know that there are many ways you can help your local Farmers' Markets for free?
While we are socially distancing and many of us are staying home and ordering online, one of the best ways to support local non-profits, like the Rail Yards is to stay connected and engage over social media and email.
Another way to support the Rail Yards Market while you shop online is to make us your benefitting charity on amazon. Learn more about amazon donations here.
BECOME a VENDOR AT the RAIL YARDS
Sprout your business and build community at the Rail Yards Market! Farm, Food, and Neighborhood businesses are prioritized. Accepting applications until Feb 15th for the 2021 Rail Yards Market season.
Watch Webinar Video here from Jan 14
Our 2021 season plans are contingent on Public Health Orders. As of Jan 2021, in-person shopping markets with safety precautions and online sales are planned to commence May 2021.
Thank you Holiday market supporters
Albuquerque markets united on December 13th, 2020 to pack 958 orders with 10,000+ products from 137 local farms, chefs, and artisans for the Holiday Market distribution.
We apologize for any delays with your orders. By Dec 21st, the market resolved 99% of problem tickets submitted. If you have any further order concerns, please contact us here.
Thank you to our sponsors and partners for making this event possible:
- Barelas Community Coalition
- Downtown Growers' Market
- Presbyterian Community Health
- Ojo Santa Fe
- Penske Truck Rentals in Albuquerque
- Albuquerque Tents
Follow us for more info on Facebook and Instagram!
Rail yards market veggie box: support the market &local farms
The Rail Yards Market brings together several local farms from around Albuquerque and the middle Rio Grande Valley, to provide you with a bountiful assortment of seasonal local veggies & fruits! Every week is a little different and includes a variety produce from participating farms. Most weeks feature 4-6 produce varieties, including vegetables and fruits as seasonally available.
Preorder your veggie box by Friday at 9amfor guaranteed pickup at the market Sunday! We sometimes have a few for sale at the market while they last, but they go fast.
Support the market and support local farmers; 75% of sales go directly to farms, and 25% is donated to the market.
Check out our instagram each week to see who is featured @railyardsmarket.abq
rail yards market DRIVE THRU SUCCESS & GRATITUDE
Rail Yards Market wants to extend sincere gratitude to everyone who supported the Farm-to-Car Drive thru during May - June of 2020. Together you have supported over 60 farms, food makers, and artisans. Albuquerque supporting these businesses with over $50,000 in sales during May - June. Thank you! We want to extend a big thank you to our partners and supporters who have made the Farm to Car possible:
- Barelas Community Coalition
- Barelas Neighborhood Association
- City of Albuquerque: Mayor Keller, City Council, and Cultural Services
- AAA Pump
- ADC Security
- America Tent Rental
- New Mexico Farmers' Market Association
- Presbyterian Health Foundation
- Square Inc
Moving into July, the Rail Yards Market will continue to provide online ordering and will be adding face-to-face shopping with vendors with increased safety measures starting July 12th. Many vendors will continue will online orders only, so you can pickup their products at the market info booth. We hope to see everyone with their masks on for SAFE to-go shopping on the Rail Yards plaza.