RAIL YARDS MARKET EXPRESS: online ordering continues & market plaza shopping opens july 12th, 2020
NEW SHOP FORMAT: We are making changes RIGHT NOW! PLEASE BE PATIENT...
Farm-to-Car drive thru is becoming the Market Express: Where you can order from vendors and then pick up in the outdoor plaza!
Shop hundreds of products online and then pickup at the market. To better simulate a real Farmers' Market we are making some changes to our online shopping experience!
- Customers park and pickup orders at market plaza
- Vendors can now set their own order cut-off times
- Customers pay vendors directly -- NO MORE pickup fees!
- Vendors may contact customers for details regarding orders etc.
How does it work?
STEP 1: preorder online
- Make a quick online account, so vendors can contact you about your order as needed.
- Please be sure to add your first & last name to your account, so your pickup is smooth.
- Order up until Thursday night at 11:59pm each week, or later if a business has this ability.
- Select items to a cart just like a grocery store.
STEP 2: Prepay
- Check-out submits payment directly to vendors.
- SNAP/EBT/WIC: Select pay later for eligible items.
- The market welcomes EBT, Double-Up-Food-Bucks, WIC and Fresh Rx, but has a special way to access online. Pickup is free for Food Nutrition Services customers.
STEP 3: Pickup
- Masks are required during pickup.
- Drive to the Rail Yards to pick-up 10am-1pm.
- Park in designated preorder spaces.
- Walk to info booth or vendor booths to pickup orders.
- Respect physically distanced lines, and be prepared to be patient as we safely provide your orders.
- Display paper with name (first & last) or receipt on dashboard if you have prearranged drive thru pickup.
Using your Nutrition benefits at the Market express is easy!Reserve order online and then pay with EBT, WIC/Senior voucher checks, or Fresh Rx when you pickup. You'll pay at info booth and/or get tokens to pay vendor. All local fruits & veggies are eligible for Double Up Foods Bucks- a buy-one-get-one free program that matches your SNAP dollars for fresh & local produce.
We’re here for you and happy to help you place an order! For assistance, please call 505-600-1109 or email RYMoutreach@gmail.com
ANY // ALL
If the prices, pick-up logistics, or the online ordering/payment process present a challenge, email RYMoutreach@gmail.com and we will do our very best to accommodate you.
Please keep distance in lines at info and/or booths pick-up lines. Please respect the 6ft marks and keep distance from other customers and staff.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS: FAQ
?Necesitas ayuda en español?
Estamos aquí para ayudarles! Manda un correo electrónico a RYMOutreach@gmail.com para servicios en Español.
Can I do drive thru pickup?
Starting July 12th, online orders will park and pickup orders in the market plaza from vendors booths and/or info booth (if vendor is not at market). You can request car delivery service by emailing email@example.com . Display paper with name (first & last) or receipt on dashboard if you have prearranged drive thru pickup.
What is the market doing to increase safety?
Farmers Markets are deemed essential, however to do our part in stopping the spread of infectious disease, the Rail Yards Market is moving to a pre-order & pick-up market operation plan until further notice.
- Enacting all CDC guidelines for Food businesses.
- Enforcing all State requirements for Farmers Markets as Essential Businesses.
- See our full COVID-19 Safety Policy here.
- Increased physical distancing, sanitation, personal protection, and training are all in effect for staff and vendors.
- All food products are prepared in a commercial commissary before delivery.
- Refrigerated food is kept on ice in coolers.
- Produce is pre-washed, but we ALWAYS recommend for you to wash your produce before eating.
How caN I HELP?
Support local! At this time the best way anyone can help the market and our local economy is to support the vendors via online ordering. Shop your hearts away!
Can I volunteer? At this time we are not having volunteers at the market. To maintain the safest environment, we are only hosting our trained staff, vendors and board members with food and safety training.
Can I sponsor? The market desperately needs donations and sponsors!! If you are able to Sponsor please email Railyardsmarket@gmail.com for further information.
We recognize that mistakes happen, and we are happy to help. We thank everyone for understanding and patience with this new/pilot program. Vendors work hard to make and harvest your items locally, and staff put in extra effort to procure your order and verify it is correct. As of July 1st, all refunds, modifications, and exchanges for products will go through each vendor directly. Your account will have information on how to contact the vendor for inquiries.
- Order modifications: Most modification sent before 11:59pm on Thurs (for Sunday pickup) can be accommodated.
- Missing items: Please check your order after pickup; if an item is missing please email the vendor directly to resolve by 5pm on Sunday. Depending on the items, they can work to get you the missing items, or provide a refund within 3-5 business days.
- Returns: For safety reasons, we do not accept returns or exchanged food at this time.
- Forgotten Orders: Orders that are not picked up by 1pm on Sunday will be donated, without refund to customer.
How can snap customers shop?
There is no pickup fee for Food Nutrition Services customers. To reserve an order online with EBT/SNAP, WIC/Senior voucher checks, or Fresh Rx shop eligible food and/or produce vendors, but select the pay later option upon checkout. All local fruits & veggies are eligible for Double Up Foods Bucks- a buy-one-get-one free program that matches your SNAP dollars for fresh & local produce.
Why does the market charge a $5 pickup fee?
As of July 1st, there is no $5 pickup fee on all customer orders. We gratefully accept donations at the info booth. Donations help us pay for the software costs, processing/bank fees, supplies, packaging, PPE, infrastructure (like tents, barricades, and signs), and staff needed to run the market and pickup operation. Our savings, vendor fees, and some municipal/federal grants are helping fund the rest of this interim program. Every little bit helps!