ALL ABOARD! BECOME A VENDOR
2024 APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN!!
THIS IS A FARMERS' market OPERATED BY THE NON-PROFIT RAIL YARDS MARKET
plans are contingent CiTY's PERMISSIve USE & ongoing construction
Become a Vendor at the Rail Yards Market: SUNDAYS MAY-October
FARM, FOOD & NEIGHBORHOOD applications are prioritized!
The May-Oct season application is open Oct 1st-Feb 1st.
- Feb 1st-May 1st: Applications closed for processing
- May 1st- Sept 1st: Late applications processed within 90 days - Food & Farm prioritized
Become a Vendor at the HOLIDAY OR VALEnTINE MarketS
Holiday Market (event in December) applications available July 1st-Oct 1st.
Valentine Marketing (event in Feb) applications available July 1st- Dec 1st.
HOW TO APPLY for all markets at the Rail Yards
All vendors must apply though our online application system for EACH MARKET; we cannot accept paper or email applications. Please be sure you fully read our Rules and Regulations and Jury Criteria before you apply. All vendors, new and returning must apply each season.
Here are the steps to apply:
- Create an account @ www.ManageMyMarket.com
- Fill out our market's application in your online account by typing in your zipcode
- Upload all business documents (as applicable) to your online account
- Pay non-refundable application processing fee online
- Jury will review and score your application
- Your status will be updated (see above for important dates)
- By March 1st for May-Oct market: If you applied by Feb 1st
- Within 90 days for May-Oct market: if you apply May 1st-Sept 30th
- By Nov 1st for Holiday Market: If you apply July-Oct 1st (Holiday Market has its own application)
- By Jan 1st for Valentine Market: If you apply July-Oct 1st (Valentine Market has its own application)
NEIGHBORHOOD JUNCTION PROGRAM
Are you a new vendor and a resident of the Barelas, South Broadway or San Jose Neighborhood? Email RYMVending@gmail.com for details about our program special for you, which includes low-cost booth fees for your first season.
WHAT TYPE OF VENDORS DOES THE RAIL YARDS MARKET SEEK?
Before applying to the Rail Yards Market ask yourself these questions:
- Is my product/offering AFFORDABLE?
- Is my product/offering harvested, cooked, made by ME LOCALLY?
- Does my business include locally sourced ingredients, provide cultural enrichment, and/or GIVE-BACK to the community in some way?
If you answered yes to these questions you may be the type of vendor we are looking for! Handmade artisan andbody product vendor applications are extremely competitive. See complete details below, and be sure to read our full Rules & Regulations and Jury Grading criteria before you apply...
ALL VENDORS (excluding Growers of Raw Produce only) MUST have a current Business Registration. Food vendors making temperature controlled products must have a Processing Facility Registration. Visit the City of ABQ website for more details HERE.
Home-Based Food Act: NM State Law enacted July 1st, 2021, allows for production of non-temperature controlled food products to be sold at Farmers' Markets. Eligible vendors must have a Food Handler's Card from a State-approved program; some only cost $7 and can be completed online.
Vendors products are pre-approved by a jury of community members and staff. Vendors cannot sell anything that they have not made themselves including reselling bottled water, sodas, non-locally packed chips etc..
From the backyard garden box to the wide open fields, we present a wide assortment of fresh New Mexico producers of vegetables, fruits, herbs, and plants. Our market accepts SNAP and WIC, so farmers can grow their business, and get their healthy produce to everyone! We specifically seek vendors who:
- Grow and harvest raw produce in Albuquerque or its 300 miles proximity
- Utilize pesticide-free, organic, and/or sustainable practices
- Employ traditional techniques
- Are willing to collaborate, educate or share their farming knowledge
- Promote heirloom crop varieties and seed preservation
- Growers do NOT need a Business Registration
We host the best fresh cuisine offerings and locally crafted food in Albuquerque. Are you a chef with a tasty menu, a food creator with an innovative product, a family with a traditional recipe? We welcome vendors of freshly prepared meals, locally processed packaged products, and food trucks. We specifically seek food vendors who:
- Prepare food with locally sourced, organic, healthy, and/or ingredients
- Present a unique and price accessible menu
- Employ NM traditional recipes and ingredients
- Collaborate with local Growers & Farms
- Have a current Processing Facility registration OR a food handler's card if preparing non-temperature controlled foods at home.
- Menus/offerings include affordable items $5 and under
Our full vision incorporates healers and makers of products for the wellness of mind, body, & soul. We host Health and Wellness businesses that provide services such as massage, acupuncture, and more. We also seek vendors who make body care products with the utmost attention to local-sourcing, sustainability, and cooperation, and:
- Make products from scratch
- Locally source ingredients and/or collaborate with local Growers
- Use sustainable or fair-trade oils, butters, packaging
- Do not use palm oils, artificial ingredients or dyes, or made-from-kit components
- Have an educational or interactive aspect
- Have a current Business Registration
Local makers, artisans, and crafts people comprise less than 50% of our total vendor presentation. We do have limited space for artisans and creators of price-accessible utilitarian products. We keep a special eye out for quality and relevance seeking vendors who:
- Create their product from scratch with their own hands
- Include sustainably and or local sourced materials
- Have price accessible products available to low-income families
- Provide cultural enrichment, education, or collaboration
- Want to be actively involved in the market community
- Have mission and values aligned with the RYM's
- Have a current Business Registration
FARM & FOOD applications PRIORITIZED
In the spirit of our vision, the market is primarily interested in providing opportunities to locals who are conscious and committed to ideas of sustainability, conservation, and cooperation. We are committed to the preservation of New Mexico heirloom crop varieties, and open our hearts to local Growers of raw produce first-and-foremost. Ideally, the market is interested in supporting food producers and crafters who are creating products from scratch, using local ingredients sourced from local growers, and creating these products in our community for our community.
We are proud to host some of the most innovative and creative farms, educators, and small businesses in Albuquerque, and provide a hub for over 2,000-5,000 locals and tourists to visit every Sunday during May-October for inspiration and nourishment. Special events like the Holiday and Valentine market historically welcom and average of 8,000-14,000 visitors per day.
We have worked very hard to make market fees reasonable and attainable to small businesses like yours, so you can offer your best and most affordable to the community.
Rail Yards Market firmly feels that the following fall OUTSIDE of our areas of interest:
- NO Resale, imports, outsourcing, antiques, non-handmade, consignment, nor product consultation of any kind. No bottled water or non-locally packaged chips, sodas, etc.
- NO franchised companies where sales or fees go to a larger national or parentcorporation.
- NO political candidate campaigning or party-specific advocacy.
- NO Prepared foods containing primarily non-health-conscious and/or non-locally-sourced ingredients from large corporations and Big-Box stores.
- NO Businesses with Drug, Alcohol sales, and/or Political affiliations
- NO Melt and pour soap. Commercially manufactured lotions and products purchased in bulk that are tinted and scented and resold as handmade.
- NO Products or foods, such as sandwiches, lip balms, cards, etc., that are purchased pre-made from a manufacturer and re-branded and resold as handmade.
- NO Products containing Palm Oils and other non-sustainable Oils.
- NO Products containing Fragrance Oils and/or other additives (preservatives, colorants, etc.) that are artificial, chemical, and/or carcinogenic in nature.
The market encourages businesses who fall into these categories to apply to other events so that everyone may find their niche.